Thursday, March 8, 2012

New Season, Old Promise

Spring is in the air!

This is often the time of year when I feel like making a new start. Many things around us will soon be coming into, and making themselves a part of, this new season.

The buds on the trees and the greening of the grass; the freshness in the air; it all brings such newness of life to our surroundings.

…And the countless numbers of offspring born in the midst of it all; the peeping, cawing and chirping of the numerous varieties of birds.
These make it impossible to slumber in the mornings, yet they awaken us to this newness.

They awaken us to this new beginning.

Each day is a new beginning.

As I sit here, thrilled that the promise of spring is among us, I am reminded of yet another promise from our Lord.

Lamentations 3:22-24 reads:

“It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.

They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.

The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.” (KJV)

Yes, this is a true reason to celebrate.

The Lord’s mercies are new every morning.

They are new, not merely in a season of the year, but in each and every morning, throughout the year.
Yes, His mercies are new every morning; therefore I will hope in Him.

As I continue to enjoy the newness of this season that He has brought to us, I will remember the newness of His great unfailing love; His tender mercies….His mercies that are brand new every morning.

Thanks be to God for the sunshine, and for the rainfall that I hear as I type.

Thanks be to God for the air that I breathe.

Thanks be to God for all that He has bestowed upon us. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment