Sunday, March 4, 2012

Can You Tell the Difference?

I watched a movie last night on television. It was called A Walk in My Shoes.
It was a good movie, with a good life lesson; a good biblical life lesson. I feel certain by the title one will easily discern the life lesson this movie provided for its viewers.

Too often, I neglect to consider others. I view and live my life through my own experiences. When I encounter someone separated from my ‘world,’ I find myself challenged.

I am ill prepared. I am not equipped to deal with another’s plight.

Yet, I have read the books. I have studied at a master’s level. Still, I remain ill prepared.

I have done the difficult work, haven’t I?

Haven’t I studied through all hours of the day and night?

Didn’t I struggle to pay the tuition and the book fees?

Didn’t I ensure that I attended all classes possible, often disregarding weather, health, or other interferences?


So why am I too often not able to deal with others who suffer?

The answer, simply, is that I neglect to remember the one very important truth.

I can do nothing without the Lord.

In John 15:5 Jesus tells us, “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.” (NIV)

Without prayer; without remembering who my lifeline is…I am not able to accomplish anything.

I make a mess.

Every time.

It is good for me to be reminded yet again, that each time I reach out to help someone in need; I cannot do it without Jesus.

I am here to honor and to glorify the Lord. And yes, what an honor it is; there is no higher calling than to honor the Lord.

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment