Thursday, February 16, 2012

Great is His Faithfulness

The question was posed to me this morning while reading my daily devotional:
What does it mean for you to put on the full armor of God today?

As I thought about this, I remembered too many occasions where I had neglected to wear the full armor of God. I remembered and I cringed.

But I know this is now today. Today I have the opportunity to begin anew. Each day the Lord allows me a new start.

Lamentations 3:22-23 reads:
“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (NIV)

Praise the Lord!

Yet, I know how serious the situation is; this situation of evil that desires to consume me. I know I will battle evil the rest of my days on earth.

But…do I consider the seriousness, the utmost importance, of what the Lord is trying to do through me, and why?

Do I position my priorities properly? Are my priorities in line with God’s?

I am obliged to rethink…to take time out to solemnly reflect on my existence.

Why am I here; what are my responsibilities? What need to be my priorities?

Do I put the Lord first in my life? Do I put him first in my life in all circumstances? When it is easy, and when it is tough?

I have a lot of growing to do. Just when I think I am standing strong, I fall hard.

I allow myself the pride to believe I was standing strong. For it is never “I” but the Lord, who is at work through me.

I often wonder if I will ever get it right. Will I ever stand strong knowing it is the Lord’s working in me, and not my own doing? Will my foolish pride ever learn its rightful place?

Once again, I ask for forgiveness. I pray to the Lord to ever remind me that it is he who works in and through me to bring glory to himself.

He alone is worthy to be glorified.

I am humbled, and I begin again. Today is a new day.
Great is his faithfulness!

No comments:

Post a Comment