Monday, February 20, 2012

The Lord is with You

People can try your patience, can’t they?

Circumstances can try them as well.

I had occasion today to have a number of dealings with a few different people regarding my internet service. Without getting into details, I had become more than frustrated with voice mail, holds, transfers, and wrong information….that meant I was going to have to call back and go through the entire voice mail, holds…..well, you get what I am saying. I know I am not alone in this.

This happened to me over and again. I called my service a total of four times. The initial call was the only one I made to actually report my issue; the remaining calls were all to fix something the previous technician had failed to complete or to do, correctly.

I was so disturbed, that by the time I was to make the final call, I had initially given up on calling at all. But then I returned to clear headed thinking, so I went full speed ahead and called again, promising myself this would be the last call.

I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t have to wait long to be attended to. The person on the other end was very helpful; and my issue was corrected quickly.

Even in all my frustration, I was glad I had not lost my head and behaved poorly. I was relieved to know I had allowed the Lord to work through me in this situation. Unfortunately, I can’t say that I normally would have remained quite so calm.

This day had been to the extreme in trying my patience. My phone calls had begun early this morning, before I had had my quiet time with the Lord. I didn’t expect to be protected because of that; but I had sent a couple of quick prayers up to the Lord anyway.

Now I sit here and am so thankful; so thankful that He heard and honored those brief prayers. Even though I did not turn my entire attention towards Him first...as I knew I should have, he still honored my quick prayers.

He is faithful, isn’t he? And aren’t we glad he is!

I simply wanted to share my experience with you today. It has meant so much to me to know how much the Lord wants me to succeed. He kept me where I could glorify him, even in my exasperation.

All I needed to do was to be aware that it was he who was doing it.

1Thessalonians 5:17, “Never stop praying.” (NLT)



No comments:

Post a Comment