Friday, November 11, 2011

Is It Possible?

I woke up this morning to a thin blanket of white, untouched snow. It was still dark outside, but the snow, along with the full moon, brightened the night, and seemed to light up the neighborhood. What a beautiful sight.

Later, as I sat in my family room with my cup of tea, I noticed it had begun to snow; a light gentle snowfall, with no breeze. I decided to venture out for a walk.

I rummaged around to locate all my winter duds, found my mp3 player, and out I went. I love the first snowfall of the year.

I met one other person on my walk; he was walking his little terrier, who appeared to be a little shocked about the entire situation. I don’t think he had lived to see snow yet. The flakes continued to swirl around gently; it was the perfect morning; picture perfect.

As I walked, I listened to the Hillsong singers on my player; they were singing about how all things are possible with God. I smiled. I remembered. I remembered how true that statement had been in my life. I remembered how I had at one time doubted that statement. I remembered how, at one time, I had been so utterly confused about that statement.

“ALL things.”

I had been so incapacitated through fear throughout my entire life; how could God help me with that, I had wondered. This is who I am, I thought, and nothing can change who I am.

Throughout the years, the Lord has proven to me that all things ARE possible for him. And all things are possible for me, through him…as long as I believe. As long as I believe in him, and as long as I believe in the power of choice that he has given me. I am never defeated. In my weakness, he is strong.
2 Corinthians 12:9 “Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness. So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses so that the power of Christ can work through me.”” (NLT)

I believed him. I stepped out because I finally truly believed him. That is how I found all things are possible through our God who is so great.

If you are facing anything today that has had you defeated, I want to encourage you. Step out in your faith. In the faith that believes, really believes, that all things are possible for God. And be ready for God to work a miracle in your life!
God bless you today.

Mark 9:23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.” (NLT)
Mark 10:27 “Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God, Everything is possible with God.””(NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment