Monday, January 2, 2012

The Right Fight

I have read a couple of blogs over these past few months that have addressed the subject of infidelity. I decided I would like to say a few words on the topic as well.

To keep it brief and to the point, those who are found judging and condemning others for wrong doing, will likely fall into the same pit themselves. Sadly, I have witnessed this on more than one occasion.

It works like this. When a person credits themselves with a certain dignity, self restraint, common sense, or whatever the case may be, the devil himself positions himself closely, at your right side.

If this does not frighten or concern you, it should. You have already convinced yourself of your human strength; a strength that you profess can and will fight the enemy. You belong not to satan but to Christ, you say.

After all, you have done well so far in this department, haven’t you? You do have your convictions; God is your Lord; what can possibly happen, you say.

Scripture and history are bursting with stories and responses to that loaded question. We cannot rely on our own strength to do anything, nor do any of us have the right to condemn others….for doing anything. None of us are without sin.

The Lord sees all sin as sin. There is no hierarchy.

Apart from that, once you stand tall and firmly commit to your own strength, you have just written your sentencing. Temptation will come; the devil will ensure that, and if he finds you standing on your own strength, which you have professed, it will only be a matter of time before you will fall.

You will never defeat satan in your own strength. Only the Lord can defeat satan. That means you necessarily need the Lord’s strength if you plan to effectively overcome satan’s temptations.


Always pray; always ask the Lord to guide you and give you strength for any and all battles that come your way. Never do battle on your own strength; you will lose.

John 15:5-8:
“I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.” (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment