Thursday, January 26, 2012

Jesus Starved

Some days I am so angry with myself.

It seems like everything that comes out of my mouth is negative.

…and I can’t help myself.

One thing I have noticed is those are the days when I am Jesus starved.

Yes, Jesus starved.

The days when I am just so busy and preoccupied with everything else; the days that I have no time to spend reading the Bible or talking with the Lord.
The days when I send up a quick, “I’m sorry, Lord; I’ve been so busy today. I’m so sorry; please remind me to start my day with you tomorrow.”

That doesn’t cut it.

If I ever hope to grow closer to Jesus; to be more like Jesus; I must feed myself properly and regularly.

I don’t miss meals. I feed my body three meals each day. I don’t care how busy I am…I never miss a meal.

I am hungry, so I eat. I eat to nourish my body and to rid myself of hunger.

Why do I not see the same need to feed myself spiritually?

Truthfully, why do I not see my spiritual needs as more important than my physical needs?

In John’s gospel 4:32 & 34, when the disciples urged Jesus to eat, he responded: “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.” “My food is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work.” (NIV)

I am here to do his will as well. I am here to glorify him.

My priorities need modification. Once again, I am convicted.

I need to be nourished spiritually; the rest will take care of itself. I hear Jesus speak these words to me. He cares for me.

I am forgiven; I am encouraged.

I can now move forward and begin again, knowing the Lord’s mercies are new every morning. He is here with me now…waiting…for me to turn to him.
Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment