Monday, September 10, 2012

Reconciliation

How easy is reconciliation?

Or maybe I should ask; how difficult is reconciliation for you?

I had a ‘falling out’ with a sister in Christ earlier this year. It was a difference of opinion….whatever you want to call it, it is a shame it ever happened.

Now, I am embarrassed to say that neither of us has moved an inch really to resolve the issue, nor to, more importantly, say, ‘I am sorry, will you forgive me? Can we put this behind us?’

Now summer is over and the church is filled with returned vacationers.

She has returned from her summer at Bible camp.

I saw her yesterday at church and asked myself, ‘how can I continue to simply ignore the elephant in the room?’

Truth is, I can’t; and I shouldn’t.

But, why is it so difficult to take that first step?

Pride?
A sense of ‘rightness?’
Fear of rejection?

Like us all, I have experienced failure when trying to reconcile with others. But that does not excuse me from continuing to strive for reconciliation.

So, it is time for me to take that first step. It is time for me to focus on Christ and to grow.
I will begin my attempt at reconciling with prayer and then I will contact my sister in Christ with the hope of a resolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment