Thursday, April 12, 2012

Some Things are Better Left Unsaid

I had always believed that the best policy was honesty and openness.

Speak your mind; lay your cards on the table…do whatever is necessary to clear the air.

I know better now.

Honesty?

Absolutely.

Sharing that honesty?

No.

Not with anyone other than the Lord…(or possibly your very closest friend.)

Although I must admit, this continues to baffle me; I have no other option than to give in to my new policy; one that I have finally adopted from other Christians. I have learned over the years that this is, for lack of a better terminology, the “Christian way.”

I have a few reasons as to why I need to conform and behave in this manner, but I will not share them.

No, it doesn’t sit right with me, but I will change.

I will change and be determined NOT to hoard ill feelings.

Now that I cannot clear the air with those involved, I know my only other recourse is to turn to the Lord with my “issues” so that I can let go and get on with my life.

Lord, please keep me from storing up ill feelings and unforgiveness towards others. Help me to see where I go wrong and then continue to give me the strength to change my ways.
I see so much unforgiveness; so many hurting people. There are a great deal of misunderstandings and people who live lives daily far from you, although they profess undying love for you. 
Lord, help us to see ourselves and others as the broken jars we are; help us to love and forgive...and to look to you always for that love and forgiveness. Help us to forgive quickly before the evil one has an opportunity to further build a case on hatred in our hearts.

Romans 12:18: “Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.” (NLT)


No comments:

Post a Comment