Monday, March 19, 2012

True Worship

I had a dream last night. In this dream I was a lead singer in a band.

In reality, I am challenged to carry a tune across the street.

It was a grand sensation, standing up there, microphone in hand, singing my heart out.


When I awoke from my dream, I felt disappointed. Yes, my reality had returned and found me empty handed.

Music has always been a love of mine. I have listened to and appreciated music as far back as I can remember. When I was eight or nine years of age, I recall walking around with my tiny transistor radio, listening to the tunes of the era. I wish rechargeable batteries had been around then!

 I envy those who are gifted in the area of music. I know it is wrong to be envious.

I must admit, I do have more admiration for those who have prepared themselves and done the hard work to succeed. They make it look so easy.

I had believed it was simply a gift, and no other effort had been required. I suppose maybe for some, possibly a handful, it has been. But for most, it requires work, hard work.


The Lord spoke to me this morning.

He reminded me that nothing comes to any of us without hard work; without great effort on our part.

He repeated to me something He has spoken to me often, and it is this:

It takes great effort to follow Me. It takes a lot of hard work, determination, humility, faith, trust, and love. It takes more effort to follow Me than it does to develop any musical talent, or any other skill. To follow Me will take everything you have, and then some. That is why so many continue to fall short; the hard work is exhausting.

The utmost you will ever accomplish in your life on this earth, will be to follow Me; to glorify Me.   

Whether you do this in part, through a talent such as music, writing, speaking, or working with the oppressed…..whatever you do, whoever you come into contact with….whatever obstacles you may face….
do it all to honor Me. And most importantly, do it in love.

That is true worship.

No comments:

Post a Comment