Monday, March 26, 2012

In Control

Jesus instructed…..

Matthew 11:28-30, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (NIV)

I have noticed recently how little I practice this.

I am one who feels weary….often.

I am one who feels burdened too often.

Jesus promises me rest, if I will only come to Him to seek that rest.

His yoke is light; I can learn from Him. He is gentle and humble in heart.

I don’t believe I will learn from Him unless I become the same…….gentle and humble in heart.

In order for me to learn from Jesus, I must become more like Jesus. If I remain stubborn, bold and hot headed….

I am not teachable.

If I am easily offended…

I am blinded by my own insecurities.

I so much desire to find rest for my soul.


Jesus must know how difficult it is for me to live here, in this world, surrounded by so many demands, so much heaviness. Otherwise, He would not have told me this.

Each day, I need to go to Him for rest. It is for my good He offers Himself.

It is to my disgrace when I ignore my Lord and my Savior; the One who created me, and knows me better than I know myself, and yet….

….still loves me…unconditionally.

I am so grateful to have a Savior; this One who is completely in control of ALL things, and yet, considers me to be of such importance to Him. He knows my every move. Nothing happens that He does not see.

Nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment